All students who have a sincere interest in at least one of the arts (music, drama, dance, visual and literary arts) and have a good academic history are welcome to apply at Calgary Arts Academy.
Registration inquiries can be directed to Kevin Loftus, Registrar by email to email@example.com or by phone at (403) 229-3010, Extension 2224. Alternatively, you may use the contact form found in the “Contact” page of this website.
1. Tour of the School
We ask that parents attend a scheduled tour of the school. This is to help the parent determine whether or not we are a good fit for your child. You can submit an application package before or after you have toured the school.
Glenmeadows Elementary School Campus – September 20 2016 (TOUR FULL), November 8 2016 (TOUR FULL) and February 14, 2017 (TOUR FULL.)
To attend either of these tours (both begin at 9:30am), please register by emailing Marieclaire Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knob Hill Middle School Campus – October 4 2016 (TOUR FULL), January 17 2017 (TOUR FULL) and February 7 2017 (TOUR FULL).
To attend either of these tours (both begin at 9:30am), please register by emailing JoAnne Collins at email@example.com.
- Complete the “Request to Register a Student” form and submit to the office, in person or to fax number (403) 229-3034.
- The “Request to Register a Student” form, plus the items listed below, are required in order to be placed on the waiting list.
- Date of submission will be noted on the registration form.
- Provide copies of your child’s birth certificate and most recent report card (plus any other relevant documents, such as IPPs, etc.,) plus a $50.00 admin fee.
- Note that transportation forms and immunization records are not required until a space has been offered to your child.
- The “Request to Register a Student” package can be submitted before or after you have toured the school.
3. Orientation Meeting at the School
All short-listed students and their parents are required to attend a presentation at the school that will outline the program offered at CAA. Orientation meetings occur in early spring and you will receive correspondence from us with details when your child is short-listed.
4. Student Audition (Year 4 Plus)
- Students must demonstrate an interest in one of the arts.
- Students in Year 4 and older must audition.
- The student may choose their art form – music, art, dance, drama or literary art.
- The audition is meant to reveal student willingness to perform and commitment to the school, rather than their proficiency level.
Congratulations! You will receive correspondence from us advising of your acceptance.
6. Summer Orientation Day
The summer orientation day occurs the day before regular classes begin for the new school year.
The orientation day introduces Calgary Arts Academy’s pillars to new students, and provides information on Brain Gym and the five art forms. Attendance by all new students is mandatory.