All students who have a sincere interest in at least one of the arts (music, drama, dance, visual and literary arts) and have a good academic history are welcome to apply at Calgary Arts Academy.
Registration inquiries can be directed to Kevin Loftus, Registrar by email to email@example.com or by phone at (403) 532-3020, Extension 4372.
1. Tour of the School
We ask that parents attend a scheduled tour of the school. This is to help the parent determine whether or not we are a good fit for your child. You are welcome to submit an application package at any time before or after you have toured the school.
– Knob Hill Elementary Campus (Kindergarten to Year 3): September 25 2018, November 20 2018, and January 22, 2019. Tours begin at 9:30 a.m. To attend, please contact Ms. Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org and advise the tour you wish to attend, the grade level and school year you’re interested in and the number of people in your party.
– Youth Campus Education Centre (Year 4 to 9): October 16 2018, December 11 2018, February 12 2019 and March 12 2019. Tours begin at 9:30 a.m. To attend, please contact Kevin Loftus at email@example.com and advise the tour you wish to attend, the grade level and school year you’re interested in and the number of people in your party.
- Complete the “Request to Register a Student” form and submit to the office, in person or to fax number (403) 217-0965.
- The “Request to Register a Student” form, plus the items listed below, are required in order to be placed on the waiting list.
- Date of submission will be noted on the registration form.
- Provide copies of your child’s birth certificate and most recent report card (plus any other relevant documents, such as IPPs, etc.,) plus a $50.00 admin fee.
- Note that transportation forms and immunization records are not required until a space has been offered to your child.
- The “Request to Register a Student” package can be submitted before or after you have toured the school.
3. Orientation Meeting at the School
All short-listed students and their parents are required to attend a presentation at the school that will outline the program offered at CAA. Orientation meetings occur in early spring and you will receive correspondence from us with details when your child is short-listed.
4. Student Audition (Year 4 Plus)
- Students must demonstrate an interest in one of the arts.
- Students in Year 4 and older must audition.
- The student may choose their art form – music, art, dance, drama or literary art.
- The audition is meant to reveal student willingness to perform and commitment to the school, rather than their proficiency level.
Congratulations! You will receive correspondence from us advising of your acceptance.
6. Summer Orientation Day
The summer orientation day occurs the day before regular classes begin for the new school year.
The orientation day introduces Calgary Arts Academy’s pillars to new students, and provides information on Brain Gym and the five art forms. Attendance by all new students is mandatory.