Calgary Arts Academy’s Glenmeadows Elementary School and Knob Hill Middle School Campuses operate their School Council and School Council Society collectively. In doing so, we have a Chairperson / President (or Vice-President) from each campus and collaborate on all Council and Society business together.
CAA School Council Society is a registered society whose main role is to fundraise in order for CAA School Council to achieve its goals. These funds are used to enhance the learning environment of our school through the purchase of technology, and music, drama, and gym equipment.
With the guidance of our Principal, we identify current educational needs within the school and raise funds accordingly. We focus on fundraisers that provide value to our parents and students, either directly or through community building.
CAA School Council Society’s fundraisers for 2012-2013 included:
- SUTP coupon books
- Special lunches
- Student created art calendar
- Glenmeadows Hallowe’en dance
- Student created art cards and Christmas gift tags and stickers
- Holiday basket raffle at the winter celebration
- Spolumbo’s Sausages fundraising project
- Application to appropriate and available community grants
- Operation of a casino in the spring of 2013 – a critical fundraiser for CAA.
Calgary Arts Academy School Council Society Bylaws Revised Sept 2012.pdf
|Date:||November 15, 2013|